School Meals & Milk
Children can choose whether to take school meals or bring packed lunches. Children bringing packed lunches eat these in the dining hall and are supervised along with those having school meals.
Information about school meals can be found in the documents below:
- ISS Catering - Welcome letter for parents
- A Parent’s guide to online payments
- Cypad Flyer
- ISS Education – Healthy Eating Policy Statement (Sept 2016)
- ISS Education - Special Diet Protocol
- ISS Education - Special Diet Referral Form
Free School Meals
If you would like information about eligibility for free meals, please contact the school office staff.
To qualify for Free School Meals an applicant must live in the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames and is required to provide proof that they are in receipt of one of the following: Income Support, Income-based Jobseekers Allowance, Income related Employment and Support Allowance, Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999, Child tax credit (without working tax credit) and have an annual income of less than £16,190, Guarantee element of State Pension Credit. More information is available on the Pupil Premium information page.
Our school has introduced a milk scheme that is available to all of our pupils and we would like to invite you to register your child. School milk is free for all under-fives and is subsidised for pupils aged five or older at 22p per day.
Each pupil that registers with Cool Milk will receive a 189ml portion of semi-skimmed milk every day, during morning break time, which is delivered fresh and chilled to the classroom. Their school milk will not only provide them with essential nutrients, but as it is rehydrating and energy boosting it also bridges the gap between breakfast and lunch to help children stay focused.
Find out what the top ten reasons are for drinking school milk at: www.coolmilk.com/why-milk-is-great
How to register
Milk is free only for children aged under five and is subsidised for children aged five or older. Simply register at www.coolmilk.com or complete a registration form available from the school office.
My child is under five
- Just register your child online or by completing a registration form from the school.
- Once received and registered, free milk will continue until the Friday before your child’s fifth birthday. You will receive a payment request three weeks before this time- if you wish your child to continue to receive school milk simply make a payment.
My child is five or older
- Complete a registration form or register online. When completing online you are then able to make an immediate payment for your child. Alternatively, you will receive a payment request within 48 hours after registering.
- You can pay Cool Milk either online, over the phone, at a local PayPoint or by cheque in half-termly, termly or annual instalments.
- Please pay by Tuesday, 5pm for your child’s milk to start the following week.
If you have any questions regarding school milk please visit www.coolmilk.com or contact Cool Milk directly on 0844 854 2913. More information on milk is also available from the school.